In this video Anna shares the idea of how we can use the technique of Blackout Poetry and articles related to COVID-19 to make a meaningful and beautiful story to share with others.
- A text related to COVID-19 (newspaper, magazine, mail, printed, digital)
- Markers (Sharpie or other permanent markers work best)
- Anything available in your home! Examples: cardboard, pictures, scrapbook paper, paint, glue.
- Choose a text that relates to COVID-19 or your current context (Sheltering-In-Place, etc.)
- Create a blackout poem out of the text
- Present that poem in any style you choose. Be creative!!! (see examples in the video or links below for ideas)
- Submit a picture or video of your poem to the CoBuild19 Group using the form provided here.
Resources for Blackout Poetry:
What is Blackout Poetry?: Erasure and Blackout Poems
Digital Resource: Blackout Poetry Maker
Art Creation Resources
- How to make Mod Podge (glue for sealing)
- Create a secret message poem. Give the key to another person and they blackout parts to see the secret message.
- Develop a quarantine time capsule that you can put your poem and other artifacts inside of.
- Make copies of the same article and see how members of your family or class make different poems from the same text.